Sunday, April 3, 2011

Toy Stories - Haulin' "A"


Hi friends!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  This next week will be very busy as I'll be assisting with the set up of an upcoming exhibit at "The Open Door Gallery".  The exhibit opens this coming (April 7th) Friday night and I hope anyone in the Austin or surrounding area will come.  It's sure to please.   Please email me and I'll provide more info.  I still hope to post daily... 

Back to "Haulin' "A""  - I'm starting to lay in the base colors of the truck.  Later I'll add the patina tones.  You'll notice my drawing shows two vertical posts to the outer sides of the truck and blocks.   These are part of a vintage window seal.  Well,  after I started laying in the paint,  I've decided to paint them out... I may change my mind later but for now, it's seems the thing to do...

1 comment:

  1. It is exciting to watch your progress, Shirley, and to actually have seen several of your originals yesterday. You should be very proud of your hard work in seeking your passion!

    ReplyDelete