Saturday, January 7, 2012

Strawberries and Lace

This is a recent painting.  I just realized it's been a while since I posted.. am planning to be better this year and want to thank those of you who have been faithful to check in.

I LOVE strawberries... they are one of my favorite fruits - especially when they are picked ripe.   Because they ripen so quickly, I took pictures of them (in this case, in my vintage Fiesta Cobalt blue comport dish) to make sure I could capture them at their peak.  I used a dummy set up in my still life box and relied on both the set up and the digital picture to get a "real" representation of color.   Hope you like it.  

1 comment:

  1. I do like it and think your strawberries are sensational, but I am particularly fond of the doily. There is something about white that is crisp and enhances the freshness of the strawberries. Good job!

    ReplyDelete