Monday, June 6, 2011

Jack "Surprise" WIP #3

I've let too many things distract me this month...  I'll soon be able to get back into the swing of things - so don't give up on me yet. :).   I promise to get back to my blog a day routine...

Had a wonderful exhibit opening at the Art Off the Square in Georgetown last Friday night.  A great turnout.  Guests and those out for a summer night stroll around the Georgetown courthouse  square stopped by for wine, ice cold punch and  hor dourves.  New exhibit openings occur each first Friday of the month hope you can join us sometime.

Here is the next in the work in progress pic of Jack "Surprise".    Wood detail has been added and more reflections over his head.  The brass latch was added - but the original is broken.  I'm going to paint it as I see it...

Here ya go...

I'm convinced I need to work on something like this soon.  But first I plan on painting something traditional.  I found  a really cool odd shaped frame (3" x 11.5");  I've stretched a custom canvas for it;  and,  have something in mind to do on it first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment